Installation of windows-xp through Pen drive

Closed
ashish - Jan 20, 2009 at 08:50 AM
 manoj - Aug 31, 2010 at 12:57 AM
hello sir,
I want to install windows-xp through pen drive. I followed the step given on the link provided by u. I made my pen drive bootable and then copied the windows files to pendrive and restarted it with sellecting pendrive as a booting device then i encountered with command promt, i type "sys d:" but nothing happened.
I got "Bad command"as an error dialogue.The system could not be transfered. I am unable to install windows from pendrive. Please help me what shoul i do to complete this task.
Thankyou
your's truely
ashish
Related:

2 responses

Tweedledum Posts 181 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009 125
Jan 20, 2009 at 09:06 AM
What kind of file is the xp installation? Is it a .ISO? If not you need to make it an .ISO file. there are lots of free .ISO converters online(.ISO is an image of a disc) You can then burn this to disk and insert it into your cd drive as normal, then go to setup menu and boot from cd drive. If you already have an operating system on your laptop download a virtual cd drive software tool like deamon tools and mount the cd on that
hiu