Virus not allowing me on the internet?

Closed
Barker - Jan 21, 2009 at 04:57 AM
 Barker - Jan 21, 2009 at 06:17 PM
Hey guys, I figured I would come to support since I am all out of ideas on what to do. I have a XP1530 Dell Laptop which was recently infected by viruses on my system32 and drives. I am not the best with computers, but after running avast, norton, ad-ware, and spybot my laptop is considered to be "clean" but I am still getting this blaring sound every 30 minutes to an hour telling me my "system is infected by a virus save your programs and hit close"

My problem is, after this virus was encountered every time I go on the internet I get the blank "page can not respond" like I am not connected to the internet. But yet, I can go through programs that require internet such as AIM, Weatherbug, etc. I checked my firewall and everything and I cannot seem to find the solution. I am on a wireless router with 3 other computers in the house that connect to the internet instantly.

Is there something I am not doing to reset this problem from the virus?

Thanks
Related:

2 responses

Hey, u can use - Kaspersky internet security 2009 or Eset Smart Security to solve the virus problem.
run the "chkdsk"utility. update windows. see if ur system clock has the correct time.
also try setting the internet settings to default. use fire fox
....................Tell me if this works.........bye!
Kaspersky internet security 2009 or Eset Smart Security

Is this something I can download on the internet? Because at the moment Ive had no luck what so ever being able to get my internet up so I can start downloading more virus software. I am using mozilla, where can I reset the default settings?

Thank you
Well I did what you said I have both programs and I ran the "regcure" program to "chkdsk"

When I installed the Eset Smart Security my internet started working up again! But when I had to restart it is giving me the same, "Something is disrupting your connection" And now just as I am typing I am being allowed back on in the internet but it is off and on. (But with aim weatherbug and video games that require internet they work 24/7.)

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks