Trojan took over administrator

Closed
lil_mical - May 11, 2011 at 08:42 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 12, 2011 at 04:35 PM
Hello,

I managed to get a trojan which took over my administrator privileges. I could not open firefox or any of my anti-virus/spyware programs. To fix this problem, I started my computer in safe mode and ran malwarebytes from a usb drive. It returned 3 infected files which I then deleted. Next, I ran avg to see if I had removed everything and the search resulted in 0 findings. I logged back in under the original account, and could open firefox and my anti-virus programs again. I just want to make sure that I actually removed the problem and that it is not just hiding in the background somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any help

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 11, 2011 at 08:45 PM
Nothing is sure in life but taxes and death. The only way to be sure is to wipe the drive clean and re-install Windows. I would just run the PC as is until the next problem. First you should back-up your files.

Good Luck
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 12, 2011 at 04:35 PM
To help you, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a log.

Open this link and download ZHPDiag :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

Register the file on your Desktop.

Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the instructions.

the tool created two icons ZHPDiag and ZHPFix (we will use ZHPFix at the next step).

Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

Click on the Magnifying glass and run the analysys.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

Close ZHPDiag.

To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

Click on Parcourir and search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\Program Files\ZHPDiag).

Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.

Click on "upload »

Copy the url and post it here