Can't log-in - Any other suggestions?

Closed
urba79rl - May 14, 2011 at 12:58 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 14, 2011 at 03:58 PM
Hello,

My laptop, which runs on XP, gives me an icon-less desktop and won't accept my password. I first went into BIOS to set up an administrator password but it did no good because the option to select the administrator account (either through ctrl-alt-delete or safe mode) is not provided as I thought it would be once I set an admin password. And now, when I go into BIOS I am unable to access the administrator password to clear it or change it. I've been locked out of that as well. After reading through the forum discussions I tried ctrl-alt-delete but I only get a smaller log-in window without the option to access task manager. Also tried the F8, safe mode methods posted by others but still only get the same icon-less log-in window. Restoring didn't help either. Has anyone heard about this apparently more malicious strain of the malware?

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 14, 2011 at 03:58 PM
Bare in mind that behind every answer, to help given on the forum, there are human volunteers who give their time trying to solve users' problems.

Therefore, it is expressly requested from kioskea forums users to show their utmost respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

* Please, copy and re-write your message accordingly, respecting the politeness charter and repost your message.

Please, thank you, appreciate, greateful are words among those forms

We trust that you understand