Pluged in high voltage charger in acer laptop

Closed
vijit - May 15, 2011 at 03:46 AM
 Anonymous User - May 15, 2011 at 05:29 AM
Hello frndz,

I have acer 5920 model, recently charger went dead so decided to buy a universal charger(iball lappie) it has the voltage adjustment slider on one of its side.

My acer 5920 laptop runs at 19v after a week or so , bymistake the the voltage adjustment slider went to 24v, without noticing the change i plugged in the charger. after a minute the laptop went dead.

no smoke, no smell, no liquid leaking from the laptop.
now its not turning on not even the charging light glows, its dead.

I tried changing the battery n charger with my friend but the problem is with my laptop.

plz guys help. when i try to plug in charger at 19v, it throws small spark and then nothing happens, i also tried pressing the power button for 1 min , removing the battery and plugging in the charger power on. no result.

suggest something ....
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
May 15, 2011 at 04:12 AM
Hi,

I am terribly sorry, but I must inform you that your motherboard is toasted due to excess voltage. Think of changing it.

Sorry for the news.
is there a possiblity that only the power IC chip is fried and may be i can replace it, one of my friend suggested it.
does u know which IC chip wud go off in such case.. as i wud like to try this option coz if it is then i wud save lot of money.
Anonymous User
May 15, 2011 at 05:29 AM
No, I doubt it, this increase of voltage had destroyed some of your motherboard components (transistors, capacitors, resistors etc. ...). The only solution I see is that you change your motherboard and you charge your laptop with the appropriate voltage.