PC Monitors offline USB Mouse/keyboard too

Closed
John - May 23, 2011 at 01:04 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 23, 2011 at 03:28 PM
Hello,

Few days ago i was working in ableton live..when i noticed on the right hand side a pop-up saying " Unknown USB connection " over and over I just figured it was freaking out and it would be fine...then my monitors went offline and my PC went in sleep mode...I restarted and when it came back it was running right where I left it in ableton live and then it completely went black screen.

now when I turn it on my USB mouse & keyboard doesn't light up or want to respond no matter how many times i restart my PC and my monitors stay black....

it will restart pause for a second and then re-boot but does not get to the windows page and i dont hear the windows theme music come on... all fans turn on and spin, lights come on , hard drive is spinning

I would hate to lose all my work on this PC Crying

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 23, 2011 at 03:28 PM
This sounds like a hardware failure on the motherboard. You can probably remove the hard drive - mount it in a USB adapter and use it as an external drive on another computer.

Good Luck