My cd/dvd-rw rom drive doesn't show up as bei

Closed
CindyM52 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday June 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2011 - Jun 9, 2011 at 01:39 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 9, 2011 at 01:48 PM
Hello,
I have been having a real problem with my cd/dvd-rw rom drive not showing up in my device manager or even as part of my computer. I believe that when I was clicking on "erase cd" that it somehow erased my drive in the process.
Can anyone help me with this. I've already tried "system restore" but it only goes back 5 days, and this problem started a couple of months ago. Can anyone help me with this. I have an Acer Aspire4520,and it was purchased in 08. I've been to the site, both Acer and the manufacturers' website, and this drive is an older one,so no drivers/installers for mine, show up. Help??

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 9, 2011 at 01:48 PM
This could be a hardware issue. Please check both the data and power cables. Then boot into the BIOS screen and check to see if the BIOS can see the drive. If it can I would then go to "Control Panel" "Classic View" "Add Hardware" and have it automatically search for new hardware. If the drive is still working that sould bring it back.

Good Luck