How to manage music on my ipod

Closed
sam - Jun 10, 2011 at 12:55 PM
 Anonymous User - Jun 10, 2011 at 03:33 PM
Hello ppl that have more brains than me!! lol,
i have just bought my m8ts ipod classic but have no idea wot 2 do with it the only thing i have managed 2 work out is how 2 charge it lol, there is 900 songs on it but i cant work out how 2 deleat some of them or how 2 put some of my own music on 2 it, i also cant find my ipod files ie: music, on my comp at all, can some one plz run me through wot 2 do in the easeist way i would b so greatfull if any 1 wud help im sick of cd's but want the music on them put on 2 my ipod, thank you so much xxxsamxxx :-)

2 responses

GM Madman Posts 85 Registration date Friday June 10, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2012 2
Jun 10, 2011 at 02:20 PM
Greeting, Sam

You need to download iTunes and it will allow you to manage you songs!

Best Regards!
Anonymous User
Jun 10, 2011 at 02:38 PM
Hello,

Like GM Madman has told you, need first to download itunes which will help you to manage your songs. Go to the link below and download it:
https://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/

Here are steps to manage your ipod library:

1°) The first thing you want to do is connect your ipod to your computer via the white USB cable.
WARNING: If itunes opens and asks you if you would like to sync up your ipod click NO!

2°) After your ipod is connected, open My Computer, or just Computer from the start menu and look for the ipod drive. It should be in the (F:) drive. You will see the ipod logo in the listing of disk drives.

3°) If you are using Windows vista: Open the ipod drive and click on ORGANIZE. Then folder and search options tab. Then View and Show hidden files and folders.
If you are using Windows XP, open the ipod drive and click tools then Folder options then View tab then click show hidden files and folder. Finally click Apply.

4°) Now you should have a new folder called ipod_control. Open that folder up and you should see the following: Calendar, Contacts, ipod_control, notes, photos, ect. If you are trying to save all of your music then the ipod_control folder is the only one you need to worry about.

5°) Open the ipod_control folder then open the music folder. Copy each one of those folders (should look similar to these: F00, F01 ...) onto your computer.
You can do this by creating a new folder on your desktop and dragging the files into the folder.

6°) Open itunes and insert the new folder you created on your computer's desktop into: library ---> Music

7°)You can now sync your ipod to this new computer with out losing all of your music.

Good Luck!

Regards.
thank you bionik that has help me work things out. im now have'ing trouble downloading itunes it says there is a problem with quick time so im just gonna go 2 add n remove programs n get rid of it then start a fresh lol, i shall get there in the end... tnx again sam x
Anonymous User
Jun 10, 2011 at 03:33 PM
You're tatally welcome, Let me know if you encounter other problems.

Regards!