Dual Monitors Switch at Start-up

Closed
Suz - Jun 17, 2011 at 04:11 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 17, 2011 at 05:19 AM
Hello,
I run my pc with dual monitors. The designated primary monitor has my desktop and task bar and the secondary monitor is just for opening extra windows when I need to work on multiple tasks. Everything was fine until a month ago when for some reason the monitors started to switch on start up. Normally this isn't such a big issue except my secondary monitor is slowly dying and I have to administer cpr to the little fella for about 5 minutes every morning to get him to come to life. The monitors also switched after being idle and brought back on. The short fix for the idle issue was to turn off the option to have the screen go blank. The short fix for the start up issue has been <windows key + shift + arrow>. I'd rather find the root cause and fix it so it stops happening at all. Any ideas on why this has suddenly started happening?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jun 17, 2011 at 05:19 AM
Greetings,

Bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must re-write and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.

This thread is closed