XP crash - black screen no windows

Closed
Jay3Sem - Jun 18, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 19, 2011 at 04:40 AM
Hello,

i've been reading and reading on this blue screen-black screen and nothing i tried seemed to work... someone help! please.
when closing internet browser a new window poped-up then the blue screen with a ton of simbols and at the bottom saying "dumping physical memory"... i kinda freaked out and pushed the power button to turn it off... after about 2 minutes, i turned it on; CPU started, i hear a beep sound, DELL screen appears, then black with little white dash in the upper left corner and that's it... no more activities.......
WHAT DO I DO?
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 18, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Try this method maybe it will work for you.

Remove your RAM & clean it (CAREFUL DONT RUB IT HARDLY IT WILL DAMAGE PERMANENTLY).

Reinstall the RAM and power on the pc.
thank you for you suggestion, pipe... tried cleaning RAM with soft cloth... i got 3 stick... got all 3 out, cleaned and no different results.. what else is possible?
thanks again, pipe.
the beep is short.... i tried each stick 1 at a time... still nothing... please don't give up on me... i am in the middle of career change and am lucky to have work laptop available for now... thanks again
Blocked Profile
Jun 19, 2011 at 01:58 AM
If beep sound coming continuously then there is fault in your 1 of 3 ram.

Install only 1 ram & check it, if nothing happen then install your other 2 ram but 1 by 1.

This issue persist again then your motherboard circuit has some fault.

call your technician to resolve it.
Blocked Profile
Jun 19, 2011 at 04:01 AM
Well it sounds like you are overheating with that fan malfunctioning.

Have you tried shutting down, opening the case and cleaning it out? Use a can of compressed air to blow out all the dust and manually inspect an clean the fan.

otherwise format your harddrive & install fresh os this procedure will not give you smile on your face... but there is a chance to bring your work back.
what about all my documents and family pictures? would formating not erase it all?
Blocked Profile
Jun 19, 2011 at 04:24 AM
you need to format your C: drive make sure your personal data is in another drive not in C:
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jun 19, 2011 at 04:40 AM
Hello,

Permit me to butt in, perhaps that this will help:

Dissconect ur hard disk frm ur PC or Laps & connect via usb converter to any PC which having Windows XP SP3,
after u connect to PC follow the steps:

start_Run_type ther cmd then type
(faulty harddisk drive name) like E:\ (hit enter)
chkdsk /f (hit enter)

after scanning it will fix the errors

then type
set (hit enter)

after tht methods connect to device & format...ur harddisk wid windows XP's NTFS file system.