Excel - Macro to search & paste to new sheet

Closed
Theta Sigma - Jul 5, 2011 at 07:53 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Jul 5, 2011 at 09:48 AM
Hello,

I am working on a log for items that have gone in a machine at work. Some of the items come out damaged and therefore are void. These are also entered in the log but tagged with 'VOID' in column O. I can not seem to find a Macro that will find all voided items and list them into another Spreadsheet! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
The Macro needs to copy the row of any Voids but only from column K-P (IE: K29-P29 etc...)

THANK YOU!!

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Jul 5, 2011 at 08:12 AM
You can filter the data on "VOID" and copy the visible row to the other sheet. If you want a macro, you can use a macro recorder and record your action. That will give you a good template
Thanks! However, I need to to do that in a Macro instead of having to copy all the data, moving it to a new sheet, pasting it, then un-sorting all the original data.
Plus, I've tried that before and I just attempted again, I keep getting errors saying :Can not change part of a merged cell" so I unmerge any cells in the list and get literally hundreds of errors saying "No cells are found"
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Jul 5, 2011 at 09:48 AM
You would need to post a sample book at some shared site with some sample data and paste the link to the file for one to see what is the issue.