Issue with booting up PC

Closed
FlaminGinjaNinja - Aug 8, 2011 at 01:01 PM
zipcorel Posts 6 Registration date Monday August 8, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2011 - Aug 8, 2011 at 02:06 PM
Hello,

So i built my own PC a couple of years ago now and since i built it some times it just will not boot, other times it's fine. I just bought some addition RAM for it and thought i'd give this problem another go since when i put it in i had to try turning the PC on about 10 times.

Basically what happens is i press the power button and the lights come on, fans go round etc but thats it. I can't hear the hard disk trying to access anything and nothing appears on the monitor.

I know it's not the network card and it's not the graphics card because both have been replaced since i built it, i don't think it's the RAM because as i said earlier i have just bought some more and it still failed to boot properly several times. To me it sounds like either a PSU or motherboard issue rather then a problem with the HDD because it is intermittent.

Any thoughts someone could give with regards to my issue would be most helpful, i just want it to boot up properly :/

FGN

Related:

1 response

zipcorel Posts 6 Registration date Monday August 8, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2011 1
Aug 8, 2011 at 02:06 PM
Well if the hd is display in the BIOS, then something is working okay with it. I guess it might be the MB since you change the RAM. You could also check the power supply, it could not be sending the voltage amount needed for the whole system.

Cheers!!