Can't download, and can only view google

Solved/Closed
TheBluGecko - Aug 20, 2011 at 04:38 AM
 TheBluGecko - Aug 22, 2011 at 02:59 AM
Hello,

Everything was running fine, until recently i cant browse any site except for google and a few others like this one. When i try to open any other site, "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" is all i get. Also, i cant download anything! No torrents, updates, etc.
Pls help!!
Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Aug 20, 2011 at 04:55 AM
Hi

Try this:

Go to
tools>internet options>connections>LAN settings. "Use a proxy server for your LAN" Uncheck that box.

Let me know
That box is already unchecked.. I dont thing its the browser as i cant download torrents and my antivirus etc cant update. The PC shows that it is connected. What makes it weird is that i can search google and get results. Also, this site seems to be working fine.
Anonymous User
Aug 20, 2011 at 08:55 AM
Go to hosts file

c:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS

check if you have any unwanted entries

Also check if your dns has been assigned to automatic

I had this issue once nothing worked.

I had to reset my router to fix this
I've checked and there seem to be no unwanted entries and the dns is assigned to automatic. How did you reset your router?
Anonymous User
Aug 20, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Make sure you have the username and password provided by your ISP to configure your router

there should a small button on back of your router called reset(near the power plug in),press it and wait for 10 sec ,allow to lights to come up again.

type your router ip on your browser

eg 192.168.1.1

configure your router with username and password provided by your ISP
Ok, i reset everything and reconfigured everything. Aaaand- still no change... So i busted my grandpas' connection who i am visiting for a while. Then it hit me! I called the ISP and my fears were confirmed: i used up this months bandwidth. So stupid.. So now i can only browse local sites till next month. Yeah well, thanks for the effort guys...