Windows loads to the desk top an quits

Closed
hyslv Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday August 24, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2011 - Aug 24, 2011 at 08:24 PM
hyslv Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday August 24, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2011 - Aug 25, 2011 at 02:20 AM
Hello, I have been having a problem loading windows for the past several day. It will start loading normally, but a few seconds after the the starting windows screen comes up I get and IE error "The procedure point CoRegisterInitalazeShy could not be located in dynamic link library ole32.dll." I acknowledged the MSG, then the computer continues loading until it gets to the desktop and stops, no icons, no start menu, no task bar just the picture is the only thing that loads any button I try does nothing, but if I right click on the desk an mash alt , ctrl, and delete, the task box will come up., I can get to the run new program there or actually any where in my computer but ever time i try to introduce a fix I'm stopped dead, with the same IE error MSG "The procedure point CoRegisterInitalazeShy could not be located in dynamic link library ole32.dll.", please someone out there HELP!

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 24, 2011 at 09:37 PM
Windows XP doesn't give you many option to repair its software. About the only option is a "repair/install" that is documented at this site:

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Good Luck
hyslv Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday August 24, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 at 02:20 AM
Thanks, the computer I have was purchased at Goodwill through their MAR program, so XP pro was preloaded, this one is the only that will start the computer to a point. My cousin says that if he could find his xp disk I could use it to reinstall, He said that he didnt know where the book was, but said he didnt think It would ask if i was going to repair mine, what ever,

Thanks much for the address you gave me above, I have it book marked for later just incase would. I had already check my c: drive for the preloaded repair windows

Again Thanks

Robert