Computer Powers On ; No Visual, No Beep.

Closed
BGFlav011 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 27, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 27, 2011 - Aug 27, 2011 at 05:36 PM
 Anonymous User - Aug 28, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Hello,
I have a problem with me Acer Aspire M3641 recently the computer wouldn't make many beeping sounds whilst booting up. It would just turn on and all the fans would run perfectly including the drives. and after troubleshooting for many days and hours i finally got it to come on but it froze at the startup manufacturer's screen (Acer). Then afterwards it came back to the same problem with no visual. I tried switching the RAM's . Taking out the BIOS battery. and switching the CMOS chip. I had an old modem PCI card that caused the problem before but i removed it and the problem was fixed. But now it came back again. I even took out the RAM's and heard the repeated beep sounds, whch would mean my motherboard is still in good shape right?
I'm grateful for your time your taking out to help.
Im running :

E2200 Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor
4G DDR2 Memory RAM
500 GB SATA HDD
SuperMulti Drive
14-in-1 card reader
Windows Vista Home Premium

Thanks!

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Aug 28, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Hello,

First try this:
Go to BIOS --> Make sure your hard disk is detected in the BIOS --> Set the first boot device as hard disk --> Save the settings and exit from the BIOS.

Good Luck!