Xbox live keeps saying error

Closed
Resilience - Sep 2, 2011 at 06:41 PM
 Resilience - Sep 3, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Hello,
We set up our xbox and hard wired it to our router. We are able to get online and it says the NAT is correct. We went online with the computer and our account says that it is all up and running including the gold membership. I even connected my computer to the xbox via router and wifi on the windows 7 computer and listened to music.
Problem is, every time my son tries to play halo live it puts up a error notice that the Halo Reach server is down and to try again later. Very frustrating. The xbox plays fine at a friends home, just not ours? Could it be our older Iogear router? The router works fine for everything else even Netflix.

Thanks in advance.
I am so flustered after working on this with my son and his friends for a couple days...
going thru all the technical stuff on the xbox live site to set up. Still not working?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks again,
frazzled mom

Related:

2 responses

Oh, Sorry, Yes I have the xbox connected to the router with the ethernet wire and the router is on. We are able to get connected and everything says it is good to go. even says xbox live is on on the xbox. Just that when we click on the xbox live to play halo it gives us the error message. Try again later it is busy.
We tried it at a friends home and it is never busy. Then brought his xbox over to our home and it reads error when trying to play.
So, I am baffled. Everything says good and running and turned on. Then the error message?
Thanks for your help.
Baffled Mom
GM Madman Posts 85 Registration date Friday June 10, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2012 2
Sep 2, 2011 at 07:35 PM
are you connected? if not, you may need a long yellow internet cord.