Switched video cards & wont turn on now

Closed
HelpMe - Sep 23, 2011 at 10:49 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Sep 23, 2011 at 06:00 PM
Good Morning,

I was having issues with my computer screen being a pixelated blinking nightmare, I was told when I took it down that it was the video card, bought card that was told to get. Went home put the card in, wouldnt turn on. Went back they said that the video card was too power for the Power supply, so to get a new one. I bought a 500 watt power supply and installed it. Computer will still not turn on. I then put original video card back in and the computer will now start but the screen is still a nightmare. It is also giving me a run start error. I then went and bought another video card just to make sure, but after it is installed the computer will still not turn on. Computer will only turn on with the original video card. Can someone help me pls?

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 23, 2011 at 06:00 PM
Are you sure that you have completely inserted the video card into it's slot. There might be a locking tap that needs to be pushed aside before the card is properly seated. Does the new card have a secondary power socket? If so, then you will need to find the proper cable that fits the socket. The new power supply should have a number of unused cables - one or more of them should fit in the new card.

Good Luck