Installed Firefox but ethernet not recognised

Closed
Arukajoe - Sep 27, 2011 at 05:28 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Sep 27, 2011 at 06:10 PM
Hi there,

I've just installed firefox on my mother's laptop and it worked for a while but then stopped connecting altogether, the network doesn't show up anymore. Whereas it was working fine when using IE before, now whenever it's plugged into the modem via ethernet I get the driver screen coming up asking for the driver for the ethernet plug, which doesn't seem to exist on the computer and I can't get online to download one.

Is it as simple as uninstalling firefox or do I have a bigger problem? (apart from if my mother finds out I've unknowingly destroyed her laptop D: )

Thanks in advance.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 27, 2011 at 06:10 PM
You should first try to "roll back" the driver for the network hardware.
If you are using Vista:
right click on "my Computer" then select "manage" and then "device manager" then select "network adapters" double click the adapter and click on "driver" and then "roll back" the driver software. This might fix your problem

Good Luck