Reset Firefox about config to default
You may end up in a situation where you need to reset all your Firefox preferences to troubleshoot and fix problems, or because you just want to restore the default settings. Here we tell you everything you need to do in order to reset the preferences back to default.
To reset Firefox preferences to default:
- Open the support page by typing in the URL bar: about:support
- In the array named "Application Basics", find the row named "Profile directory"
- On the "Profile directory" row, click on the button named "Open Directory", it will open your profile folder
- Locate all the files named prefs.js, prefs.js.moztmp files or a user.js file
- Delete all these files
- Restart Firefox (new versions of these files will be automatically created).
any more questions about firefox? check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- Firefox reset about config
- Reset about config firefox
- How to reset outlook to default settings > Guide
- How to reset windows 10 password without logging in > Guide
- Reset gimp to default > Guide
- Samsung default password for phone lock > Guide
- Remove firefox as default browser > Guide