Black Screen After Booting

Closed
Partially Tech Savvy - Oct 7, 2011 at 04:17 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 7, 2011 at 04:52 AM
Hello,

I've been having a problem that I just can't figure out. When I turn my computer on, it boots like normal, then it goes to the windows loading screen with the waving banner. As soon as it's done loading all I have is a black screen with my cursor. I have tried doing repairs through F8, I've done Memtest with 3 successful passes and no problems, I've even used a converter to make it into an external so I can disk check it on another computer. Some registry errors were fixed with that, but no other problems seem to show up, other than it doesn't seem to load to the desktop. The only advice I have been given by friends was to constantly restart my computer to try to get it to get to the desktop, as they think it is an error with my Video Card Drivers. Any other ideas would be welcome as restarting my computer has not done anything for the last half an hour.

I appreciate any help given and thank you for your time.

I also sincerely apologize for my previous post, this is my first time using this site, as it was recommended to me by a friend. I thank you for any ideas and help offered.

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Oct 7, 2011 at 04:52 AM
Dear Partially,

What is the make and model of your computer?