HP Omnibook black screen with flashing cursor

Closed
Tammy - Oct 18, 2011 at 02:35 PM
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Oct 18, 2011 at 06:56 PM
Hello,
The only thing I have on screen in flashing cursor with black screen. When powering up will have a screen that says HP Omnibook screen pops up PhoenixBios setup Utility, press any key to continue, then goes to black screen with flashing cursor. It will let me hit f2 before it gets that far, but I do not know what all the screens should say when I get there. Is there anything I can do from F2 set up files? (I do not have a recovery disc for that computer. Thanks in advance.

Related:

1 response

vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Oct 18, 2011 at 06:56 PM
Hi.

If it is a blinking underscore, I'm afraid that could mean your OS is corrupted. The only way to back up your stuff is to take the hard disk out and connect it to another computer.

There is another VERY hard way. You need to download a bootable CD to back your stuff up. If you want this, i HIGHLY advise you do it in the company of a computer technician. If this is the method you want, i can give you a link to a bootable CD i've used personally, with a computer tech.

Good luck