Trying to Connect to Router

Closed
Ebonielr - Oct 19, 2011 at 11:48 AM
 Anonymous User - Oct 20, 2011 at 02:21 AM
Hello,
I just moved in with grandmother who has a computer with an AT&T router, i am not familiar with setting this up. Now i have my own individual computer which i brung to hve in my room and i hooked everything up correctly now i am having trouble getting my internet set up on it. Now on her router the Ethernet, DSL, and Internet lights are lit but not the wireless. I tried doing the 192.168.1.1 in my address bar but it says "Unable to Search PAge" and has the close button from there im loss can some one help please!!

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Oct 19, 2011 at 07:20 PM
most routers will only allow you to login via a wired connection. So you will need to connect to the router from your grandmothers computer or drag your computer to the router and use a Ethernet cable to connect it. Then you will need to know the routers login name and password. They are often "admin" and either blank or "password" for the password. I suggest you find more information on the AT&T support site. Or call their help line and get them to step you through the process. The help should be FREE.

Good Luck
Anonymous User
Oct 20, 2011 at 02:21 AM
To further add to what xpcman said

you can reset your router(there should be a reset pin) .This should make you enter 192.168.1.1

enter the username and password and configure

Contacting AT&T support is best option