Excel03Searching row,then deleting/updating

Closed
scowny - Oct 20, 2011 at 09:58 AM
 scowny - Oct 27, 2011 at 09:44 AM
Hello,

I'm currently trying to piece together an Excel spreadsheet with the following functions done by forms:
1) Add data (including a unique 6 digit code, the name of the person adding data and the current date) to a spreadsheet
2) Filter to show the data entered by one person (using Autofilters)
3) Search by the unique 6 digit code, then either delete the row containing that code or update the date to the current date.
I've managed to figure out the first two, using a hefty amount of google-fu, but I'm struggling to find a way to accomplish the third point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Related:

3 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Oct 20, 2011 at 10:23 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure how that relates to my problem.. That thread is for searching for two values and deleting all rows inbetween those.. I must admit that my knowledge of VB is very limited, so if it's something that should be hitting me in the face I'm sorry!

Basically what I want to do here specifically is search for the 6 digit code and select the row that it is in. This would be accomplished with one textbox and a command button. Next, have two more command buttons, either to delete the selected row or to change the value of one of the cells.

Again, I'm sorry if the above post has answered this, I'm just struggling to take it from what it is to what I want..
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Oct 26, 2011 at 07:01 PM
That code was for your third point. Not 100% was like your problem but I thought it was close enough

Ok so what I am understanding is that on a sheet you want to do a search. Basically you would have a input box where you enter some thing. I should then ask you if you want to delete the row or edit the row. If you wan to delete the row, the row should be deleted. Else it should highlight the cell
Am i understanding it right?
Yes, that's what I'd like to happen. Any help would be really appreciated!