If you're an Android user, you may wish to disable the suggestion feature in your browser. In this article, we will show you how to do so.
Although it seems that it is no longer possible to completely remove Google search suggestions, there are two ways that will allow you to limit them. In the first section, you will find the general method of removing suggestions from your browser. If it no longer works on your device, we recommend referring to the second section that explains how to turn off Google's autocomplete with trending searches feature.
How to delete the search suggestions on Android?
To disable the Search and URL suggestion feature of your Android web browser, follow the below procedure:
- Open your web browser app.
- Tap on the Menu key, go to Settings, and then select Privacy.
- Uncheck "Search and URL suggestion".
How to disable the autocomplete with trending searches feature?
- Open your Google app.
- Go to More (the three dots icon).
- From there, select Settings.
- Tap General.
- Uncheck the Autocomplete with trending searches box.
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches > Guide
- Clear Your Gmail Search History on Android
- How To Clear Browser History
- Clear your YouTube history on Android > Guide
- Facebook Messenger - Suggested Friends > Forum - Facebook Messenger
- Manage and backup game data on Android
- Create an Android folder shortcut on home screen
- Auto retrieve messages on Android phone in roaming mode
- Show hidden files on Android
- Secret codes for Android phones
- Android IP address: check and change it
- Block calls from unknown numbers: on Android, iPhone
- Manage and organize apps on Android