PC Power supply problem

Closed
julesian Posts 4 Registration date Monday October 24, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2011 - Oct 24, 2011 at 10:12 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 25, 2011 at 01:34 AM
Hello,

I'm new to this site, and I signed up because I think the community in this site can help me. I'm experiencing a problem probably about the power supply of my PC. When I start the PC, it does not boot up, power led indicator does not flash, hard drive is silent, and the only thing that I can notice is the processor fan. My video card fan will start if I initially spin the fan.

I saw many possible answers in this site and tried the following :

1) Holding the power switch by 30 seconds (All components unplugged including power cable)
2) Cleaning fan dust.
3) Removing ram cards and video cards.
4) Power up without processor fan running
5) Plugging power cable to different outlet ( same voltage of course)
6) Trying different power cables
7) Leaving PC for 24-48 hours to drain power from capacitors of power supply then trying after waiting.

None of these worked for me. Are there any solution to this before I buy another power supply?

I am borrowing a PSU (Same wattage and specifications) from my friend and I am going to check if the PSU is really the problem.

Additional info :
My Power Supply has no switch by itself, it can be switched on only through the PC power switch.

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 25, 2011 at 01:34 AM
* Think of using polite forms.

* Remember behind each answer given on the forums, there are humans and volunteers who give part of their time trying to solve users' problems.
Therefore, it is expressly requested to kioskea forums users to show their utmost respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

* Please, re-write your message and post it in the appropriate forum :
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10121-user-guide/

Thank you for your understanding