3 Beeps/Computer monitor's not on

Closed
bored.dude21 Posts 2 Registration date Monday October 24, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 25, 2011 - Oct 24, 2011 at 08:32 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 24, 2011 at 09:53 PM
Hello,

First off, thanks for taking the time to read my question. It all started yesterday. My monitor would randomly turn off but I could quickly tutn it back on by just pressing the monitor button off then on. So last night it decided to completely shut off. This morning I opened up my desktop and started trying to find out why my monitor wasn't turning on. So one of the things I tried to do was take out the RAM. I have two of them, and I took them out and cleaned them. Then, when I put them back in, it started beeping 3 times prior to startup. I tried putting them in different slots, and it still didn't work. So I think now I have two problems. The computer beeps 3 times and the monitor won't turn on (and this happened before the RAM thing.) Help?!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 24, 2011 at 09:53 PM
3 beeps is normally a problem with the RAM. I suggest you take a good look at the memory and how it fits in the memory socket. Find the slot(s) in the memory card and be sure they fit into the raised tabs in the socket. Then press down until it snaps into place.