After downgrade to XP

Closed
XXXPPP - Jan 29, 2009 at 10:57 AM
 SammyC - Apr 6, 2010 at 04:13 AM
Hello,

after going through the downgrade to XP tips, I was able to install XP pro 32bit on my new HP dv3500, with nlite.

Unfortunately now no DVD drive and no sound. Checked upperfilter/lowerfilter, no entry in the registry.

In the Device manager, there is no Optical drive listed.
The Sound, video and game controllers in Device manager, lists IDT High Definition CODEC and some other stuff.

When I go to "Control Panel" > "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties"> "Volume", it tells me :No Audio Device.

Been trying to fix it now for a few days, but so far no luck.

Any help is much appreciated.
Related:

4 responses

This sounds like a driver issue. If a device does not show up in the device manager it's almost always a driver issue. You will need to find out what kind of audio you have on your mother board and download/install the drivers for it. It's probably the same issue with the dvd drive.
XXXPPP Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 30, 2009
Jan 30, 2009 at 07:16 AM
Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (sp33867) did not do the fix. Not booting at all. Looks like its hooked up in a loop.
Fortunately I still have the original Harddrive with Software. Don,t have the balls to go and work on this one. Got a 500GB unit where I,m doing all this.
Now I,m starting all over again with xp installation from my nlite CD.
XXXPPP Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 30, 2009
Jan 30, 2009 at 03:19 AM
Hi Matt,

thanks for the reply. Just downloading Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (sp33867). Noticed that somewhere, so I give it a try.
Will inform you
BLINC476 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday June 23, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 24, 2009
Jun 24, 2009 at 01:46 PM
XXXPPP,

Sir, can you tell me how you downgraded to Win XP? or atleast a driver that I can integrate to XP because i keep getting BSOD
download nlite and integrate the sata driver