WINDOWS XP HOME WONT LOAD

Closed
ihalriry - Jan 29, 2009 at 01:08 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 30, 2009 at 12:05 PM
Hello,

The other day my parents were watching tv streamed through the internet and the blue screen of death came on. They do not know anything about computers so they shut it down until I could go and take a look at it. I tried starting the computer up but windows would not load. The computer has windows xp home edition and is a dell 8200 (bought it back in october 2002).

The loading windows screen comes on and then the mouse pointer shows but the screen stays blank. The hard drive light seemsdim and thats where everything just gets stuck. I tried putting in the windows xp cd and repairing. After copying the files and rebooting the installation screen is on and it will not go past that. It says approximately 39 mintues to complete, the messages about how great windows xp scroll. I waited 2 1/2 hours and nothing happened. So i shut down the computer and tried going to the recovery console but this time it wouldnt read my keyboard. It loaded the installation screen and is still on that message.

I really appreciate any help. Thank you.
Related:

4 responses

hi,

have you tried getting into windows through safe mode???

you could try loading the xp home cd and formating the drive before installing the software again.

the repair in windows xp is hopeless in most cases.

regarding the keyboard, is your keyboard usb or ps/w in most cases usb does have problems when using dos mode.

if all else fails, it could show that your harddrive is damaged, and you will need to replace it.

p.s.: when you format the c drive and it wan't let you install the system on that drive but would rather choose another that is a good indication that your hard disk is damaged and you need to replace it.

if your windows reboots when trying to load windows safe mode (f8) then you might have a problem with your memory chips.

good luck.
Blocked Profile
Jan 29, 2009 at 01:42 PM
hi ihalriry,
if u can't load ur xp,u must format ur computer.
the computer was allowing me to go into safe mode before i tried repairing but it would not let me into the regular windows os.

the keyboard i was using is usb/wireless and it was working fine until i tried repairing it a second time (just in case it was a minor freeze). when it stopped working i thought maybe batteries, that wasn't it and then i plugged in a regular keyboard and still nothing.

i really did not want to format my drive, i went 6 years with out having to reformat it! never had a problem... i guess ill try formattng... if that doesn't work then i guess its the memory chips or something else and i could say this computer gave me 6 good years...(time for a new one maybe)

thank you for your help, i really appreciate.
Blocked Profile
Jan 30, 2009 at 12:05 PM
i think u must switch off ur cpu n plug ur keyboard again ,if there is a problem with ur memory chips r loose ur window will turn blue.then try on the' safe mode with networking' again