Colour flicker/squiggles in videos/games

Closed
Sadface - Nov 16, 2011 at 08:22 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 16, 2011 at 11:22 PM
Hey,

Long story short, I left my PC on for a good hour and a half yesterday, monitor off with skyrim running. I get home, turn the monitor back on and start playing.

I start to notice on some cobble stones that when I move, coloured (pink, red, green, cyan) textures sort of start to flicker or remain static. The same also happens when I look at a variety of other spots. It seems to be happening in areas of high contrast, where darks become light. This has never happened before.

Now when I watch video I notice the same phenomenon occurring, I foresee that it will happen now during any sort of media that involves movement across the screen.

I am running:

64 bit Vista
Nvidia gtx 285 stock clocked, graphics drivers are the latest beta drivers, which I installed in an attempt to fix the above issue, no luck.

GPU temperatures also appear to be fine.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 16, 2011 at 11:22 PM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.