Changed RAM frequency now pc refuses to work.

Closed
MoJoMatt - Nov 28, 2011 at 12:17 PM
 Anonymous User - Nov 28, 2011 at 01:40 PM
Hello, all I am a newbie when it come to bios. I have a Q6600 2.4G processor on an Intel D975xbx motherboard. I was messing around in the bios yesterday, and set the frequency of the RAM to 333 with a voltage of 1.8. Come to find out it was suppose to be at 667. Now when I restart my monitor acts like it isn't even hooked up to anything. My optical mouse will light up for a second and my keyboard also. Then all the lights go out. I have done everything that I can thin of to fix it. I have taken out the battery, have done the pin jumper, taken out the video card. I just can't figure out how under clocking would have such an affect. The ram says the volt should be at 1.8. So I am completely lost. Have searched all over google and youtube, but can not seem to get anywhere. A few people say that I have ruined my RAM, so I am having a friend come over today with a few RAM cards and a different video card hoping that will work. If not I'm not sure what else to do other that get a new motherboard. Also as the screen does not want to load so I can not get back into my bios, which I thought would have been reset after taking the the battery and everything that was connected to the computer. I would LOVE ANY help.

Thanks
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Nov 28, 2011 at 01:40 PM
I am having a friend come over today with a few RAM cards and a different video card hoping that will work. //

Good luck

Thats the only way