Delete partition

Closed
gracey - Dec 29, 2011 at 08:29 AM
 gracey - Dec 30, 2011 at 04:31 AM
Hello,
gudday! im having problems with partitions in my disk..
this is how it goes.. i have unallocated space which i cant used the new simple volume, it says i cant create a new volume because disk already contains max number of partitions.

also i am trying to delete a logical drive but it says i cant delete the volume access is denied.. im really confused in this.. im so sorry, i tried partition myself trough tutorials but i dont know how to solve this one.. thanks! hope to hear from you guys..

Related:

2 responses

suppotr Posts 5 Registration date Thursday December 29, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2011 1
Dec 29, 2011 at 05:06 PM
From where are you trying to delete the partition? from "Disk Management" it can be done easily. You can also do it by xp boot cd, instead of installing xp again ,delete,create new partition and format via the boot cd.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link removed
yes.. im trying to delete it in the disk mgmt but it gives error msg access denied..
also what will i do with the unallocated space i have in my disk.. i cant extend c: to this unallocated space..

thanks! i'll try xp boot cd..
SHB THE KING Posts 6 Registration date Thursday December 29, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2011 12
Dec 29, 2011 at 11:51 AM
first back up you data , what is total disk space, use internal or external hard disk
replay me fast