Windows XP validation on Secondary hard drive

Closed
mazzop - Feb 5, 2012 at 09:47 AM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 6, 2012 at 02:45 AM
Hello,
I installed my old hard drives from my old computer, on a new computer running 7 OS. I had a motherboard fail.

Although I can see the all folders on my old drives I need to excess the information under Windows XP OS. Because Windows 7 will not run some op the applications, specifically Outlook Express.
I was attempting to use the my old primary drive, where Windows XP is loaded, as a booth up disk, Windows folder are still good...so I think.

I have tried to switched the old dive as the primary booth in the BIOS, but Windows require an activation code, which I do not have. I have a valid code key, but Windows will not except.
How do I get to validate Windows XP on my old drives? and can I boot up on Windows XP from my secondary drive?
Is any of this possible?

Windows

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 6, 2012 at 02:45 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, the use of polite expressions,as for elsewhere in similar circumstances, is appreciated. (please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.