HDD problem

Closed
unni - Feb 24, 2012 at 03:38 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Hello,

I have a system with the OS windows XP All the time when i try to log on to my system, the system gets stuck after the windows loading message..............Exactly what happens is after the windows loading message a blue screen comes with the windows logo on it . and it does not go then... users list is not shown.... but when i use the same HDD as a Removable memory with an another system... there is no problem.. it works without fail

pleez help me to resolve the problem

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM
When you use the disk on another computer are you booting from the other computer's disk or this one?

You might have a bad sector on the hard disk in the area in which Windows XP files are stored. I suggest you run a Checkdisk (chkdsk command) when using the disk on the second PC.

I suspect you will need to replace the hard disk and reinstall Windows XP. Otherwise, you will not have a reliable computer.

Good Luck