Broadband problem

Closed
lalokas - Feb 24, 2012 at 03:48 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 24, 2012 at 04:54 PM
Hello, I had dial up and then switched to broadband, I could use the internet using the broad band on a computer that had never been connected to the internet and it worked, but on the one that used dial up broadband did seem to be working but the internet pages did not load, they said that the internet was not connected but it was clearly connected, what is the problem on that other computer that does not load internet pages but does work with broadband only thing is that I cannot use the internet. The problem computer is the one that had dial up on it. Please help, I am very stressed about this, you would make my day a very happy one if you tell me how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 24, 2012 at 04:54 PM
Perhaps the old dial-up settings are still active. I assume you are using Internet Explorer - click on Tools and then Internet Options. Select Connections and remove the dial-up network settings. Then click on LAN network and select "automatically detect settings".

You might then want/need to restart the computer so that the new settings are activated.