Trying to download music to my phone

Closed
Bobbie - Feb 26, 2012 at 03:05 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 26, 2012 at 04:54 PM
Hello,

I have a dell windows xp computer. I bought a samsung character phone. I bought a chip and a USB cable. I put chip in phone. I put USB in USB port in tower of computer and the other end of the USB cable into my phone. It says charging. I turn on the phone. I downloaded music to my computer and it is in the music media player. When I try to sync it, I can't. In my computer the phone icon doesn't come up. A message comes up at bottom of computer that says hardware problem? what do I do Please?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 26, 2012 at 04:54 PM
To transfer MP3 files to a Memory Card, follow the steps below:

Confirm that a microSD(TM) or microSDHC(TM) Memory Card is inserted in your mobile device.

Note: For information on inserting a memory care, click here.

In Standby mode on the phone, touch Menu > Settings > Phone Settings > PC Connection > USB Mass Storage.
Press the End Key to return to the home screen.
Connect the USB cable to both the mobile device and the PC. A new "Removable Disk" window should open on your computer screen.
Select the Open folder to view files option. A new Windows® Explorer window should open on your computer screen.
Open a second Windows Explorer window and navigate to the location of the MP3 files, then drag and drop them into the Media/Music folder.
On your mobile device, press Disconnect > Yes.
Now it is safe to unplug the USB cable from both the mobile device and PC.