Did I burn my laptop's hardware?

Closed
MadameZombie Posts 2 Registration date Sunday February 26, 2012 Status Member Last seen February 26, 2012 - Feb 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Hello,

I have an HP Pavillion dv6700, I've had it since 2009 and I have never experienced any problems with it until recently.
I was browsing on the internet two nights ago, I had 6 or 7 tabs open (they were not what i'd deem as "high-functioning websites")
Suddenly the computer shut off in the middle of my browsing. At first I believed it was an overheating problem (it has been deemed notorious for shutting off due to overheating)
I left it alone for a few hours, then attempted to boot it up.
It would boot to the BIOS screen, and then suddenly shut off.
This reoccurred with every attempt I made to turn it back on.
At one point, Windows became aware that the laptop was unexpectedly shutting down and offered hardware recovery, but even selecting that-- mid-process it would shut off.
I've given it a whole day to recover, i've tried the "Charger without battery" method and variations of that (i.e battery no charger, charger and battery)

Now the laptop lights up when I press the power button, but the screen won't even boot the BIOS page.

Have I burned something in my laptop? Is it a hardware problem? If so, how could I fix it?

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, the use of polite expressions,as for elsewhere in similar circumstances, is appreciated. (please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.