- Help me recover my WD element hard drive t
- Wd elements hard drive not recognized on tv - Forum - Windows 7
- How to unlock wd elements hard drive on mac - Guide
- Wd external hard drive light on but not working ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Wd external hard drive corrupted unreadable ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- How to recover data from formatted hard drive? - How-To - Windows
Sorry. But, it's probably a hardware problem with the drive. Windows, by mistake, asks you to format the drive when it can't read it. There are two parts that can go bad, The USB hard drive controller and the hard drive itself. If the drive doesn't appear in "disk management" I would suspect a controller problem. You might be able to dissasemble the drive case and directly mount the drive in a desktop computer.