Hard drive problem

Closed
Greg - Feb 5, 2009 at 08:43 AM
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010 - Feb 6, 2009 at 01:29 AM
Hello, My hard drive crashed due to a system 32 dll being deleted. Suggested I get ne hard drive and this I did. I now want to get info on crashed drive. I have set it up as an external hard drive with a usb connection. It shows me the folders but says the folders are empty. This I know is incorrect as if I go to properties on documents and settings it shows 84 gig. How can I get to the files? Windows XP home is the operating system
Related:

3 responses

Tweedledum Posts 181 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009 125
Feb 5, 2009 at 08:58 AM
Why didnt you
A: use the install disc to repair the missing DLL
B: identify the name of the missing DLL and then copy it off a friends computer?

Unless the files ae hidden i dont see why they wouldnt show up, sorry i cant help more.
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010
Feb 5, 2009 at 10:07 AM
Please check my post on the link below on how to recover your lost files if they are not hidden:

http://ccm.net/forum/affich 63792 can someone please help me?#1

If it is hidden, you need to click on Tools > folder options > View > Select show hidden files.

Here you are, you will see everything...
I could not reload the dll because the one that was missing prevented XP from booting. After looking at alot of info on this issue the suggestion was as I said to reload windows onto a new harddrive. I have also gone through the procedure of making sure I have ownership of the files and that the files are not checked as hidden. Still nothing to show. I have used some software as a trial to recover data nad the free part is that it will scan only. It finds all the files by name so they are definately there. Any further suggestions???
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010
Feb 6, 2009 at 01:29 AM
Use the link above to use the software I have stated, it is full version. The registration info is there. This is the most useful software when it concerns about recovering data.