Cant boot pc blackscreen fan runs

Closed
danjim - Apr 9, 2012 at 04:18 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 9, 2012 at 02:13 PM
Hello, DJ..

Can u pls help me to fix our PC? coz it does have a black screen even i restarted it..
i mean.. when u turn on the CPU.. nothing happens just black screen..
i think it happens because i do something in the CMOS Setup
Because i made some changes in it.. cant remember it all but i put sumting into turbo and save the settingusing F10.. then it restarted and cant boot up.. it's just blackscreen.. the fans are working, the lights.. but just plain ol blackscreen.. think u can give me answers to it? i have tried numerous websites and forums to answer my problem.. but i think there is no people that does have the same problem like minehope you answer sir... ahhmm.. there is still one thing.. my PC is running on windows XP sp3..
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 9, 2012 at 02:13 PM
You need to return the BIOS to its factory status. To do that you need to remove the CMOS button battery. Reinstall it after 45 seconds and then plug the PC back in and reboot. The stat the BIOS and choose "safe Settings".

A little knowledge is dangerous. I suggest you not mess with the BIOS settings again.

Good Luck