Macro for excel values to new sheet/new row

Closed
baronriot - Apr 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Apr 9, 2012 at 06:42 PM
Hello,

I have an Excel worksheet with drop down menus for selecting 10 colours which links to a source sheet to show the pigments needed for producing those colours using vlookup. I'm also using a date function with a random number generator in the cell next to it to produce a serial number for that batch.

What i want to do is produce a macro button 'daily report' of production taking the colour name, date and batch number values and pasting them into a separate 'report' sheet in a list format.

for example:
copy the values from A1,B2,C2 (colour 1) from 'master' sheet
paste the values into A1:A3 of 'report' sheet.
The 'Master' sheet shows 10 different colours at a time so i would want A1,B2,C2 (colour 1 on the 'master') into A1:A3 of 'report' sheet - then A3,B4,C4 ('master' colour 2) into B1:B3 of 'report' - then A5,B6,C6 ('master' colour 3) into C1:C3 and so on.
I'm going to be producing 7 different master sheets a day so i'd also like to be able to put the values from the second, third, fourth etc sheets into the reports sheet after the first set of data creating 70 rows in total for the day. Also it needs to be only the values as basic copying (as I naively discovered) takes the whole drop down menu not just the text.

I'm not massively experience with excel and VB but I've tried cobbling together a code from this site and others plus my basic knowledge and I only ever get run errors so if someone could help it'd be much appreciated. apologies for the long post but I was trying to be as detailed as possible.

many thanks

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Apr 9, 2012 at 06:42 PM
Could you upload a sample file with you macro at some file share site and post back the link to the file here. Also if you could plz re-explain your issue using that book as reference.