Blocked Hotmail account

Solved/Closed
Eimear - Apr 18, 2012 at 09:47 AM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 23, 2012 at 01:35 AM
Hey,
I'm having a problem with my hotmail account. I just discovered today that emails have been sent out to all of my contacts without my knowing and now when I try to change my password it says my account has been blocked due to some unusual activity. When I try to go through the process of answering security questions to retrieve my account it only gives me the option to send a password re-set code to an email address I don't know (ju*****@hotmail.com). How can I solve this annoying problem?

Thanks!
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Apr 18, 2012 at 04:35 PM
Greetings

Here is how you might solve the issue. This is the very last resort that worked for many others.

Open a brand new MSN/Hotmail account. Once connected, go to this page

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/get-help-with-outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

Click on "additional resources" and then click on "ask a question on the Hotmail forums.

Explain the situation in detail. A Hotmail moderator should give you the solution within 24 to 48 hours.

Good luck and please let me know
Blocked Profile
Apr 23, 2012 at 01:35 AM
what cause the problem?

I don't think hotmail will be locked in normally. Maybe you add too more friends one day. You could contact the customer service of hotmail to solve this problem.