This article will show you how to get started with a new Outlook (formerly Hotmail) account.
Hotmail or Outlook?
If you are wondering what happened to Hotmail emails, look no further. As of February 2013, Microsoft accounts have been upgraded to the new Outlook interface. All Hotmail accounts are now accessible via https://login.live.com/.
How to create a new Outlook account?
- Head to the Microsoft account signup page, and select No account? Create one!.
- Microsoft will request some personal information to complete the sign up but it is not necessary to fill in all of the information fields if you would prefer that your personal data remain confidential. However, if you forget your password or lose access to your account, such information can be useful to recover it.
- Switch to the Use your email instead option if you would prefer to access the service this way:
- Choose Get a new email address to create a new address entirely:
- Or, use the Use a phone number instead option to sign up using your phone number:
- Click Next to save your changes.
How to choose your Outlook password?
When creating your password, we advise that you choose a password that is easy enough for you to remember, yet difficult for an outsider to guess. We recommend a combination of capital and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters (!@#$). For further tips on how to create a secure password, please see our article on managing and securing your passwords.
- Hotmail create account
- Create hotmail account
- Create outlook account
- Create a new Hotmail email account [solved] > Forum - Yahoo Mail
- I want to creat a Hotmail account [solved] > Forum - Hotmail/Outlook.com
- Yahoo mail create account > Guide
- Change password on hotmail email account > Guide
- Hotmail recover account > Guide
- Reset Outlook to default settings
- How to refresh Outlook inbox automatically?
- How to change your Outlook email address?
- How to stop receiving same email multiple times in Outlook?
- How to remove profile picture in Outlook?
- How to disable CTRL + Enter shortcut on Outlook
- Set up out of office in Outlook: Android/iOS app, desktop
- Change language on Outlook: app, web
- How to change back from Outlook to Hotmail?
- What to do when Outlook won't open
- Rebuild the Index file on Outlook 2010
- Change Outlook keyboard shortcuts: Mac, Windows 10
- Turn off hardware graphics acceleration: Outlook, 2019
- How to sign in to Hotmail
- How to disable deleted message recovery on Outlook?
- Outlook (Hotmail) account blocked or hacked
- How to configure a BSNL e-mail POP/SMTP settings in Outlook
- Set up the Outlook app: on Android, iPhone
- How to delete Hotmail account?
- A macro to create folders in Outlook: for specific emails
- Insert emoji in Outlook: email
- How to block attachments from unknown senders in Outlook
- How to create an account in Outlook
- Unable to connect to Hotmail
- How to log in to Outlook
- How to backup emails in Outlook