Need formula for Unique Pass/Fail Rate

Closed
Tonya - Apr 21, 2012 at 06:32 AM
 Tonya - Apr 22, 2012 at 08:45 AM
Hello Experts,

Can someone please help me with this? I need a formula that will allow me to find the unique pass/unique fail rate. (Sorry about the copy/paste...it's screwing the columns up but essentially, the 3 columns of numbers should fall under each column header
Pass Rate, Fail rate and Opt Rate. I need unique pass, Unique Fail and Unique Opt Out.

Pass Rate Fail rate Opt Rate unique pass Unique Fail Unique Opt Out
1 0 1
1 1 0
0 0 0
1 0 1
0 0 2
0 2 0
0 1 1
2 0 0
2 0 0
1 1 0
0 0 2
0 1 1
8 6 8

Thank you soooo very much in advance.
Related:

4 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Apr 21, 2012 at 07:18 AM
what is your expected answer based on sample data.
The expected result is find a formula
That will find the total unique number of
Failed transactions, the same for opt out n passed transactions.

I have a worksheet of 40k transactions
Of those, how many passed the quiz once, twice?
Of those, how many transactions failed? Opt out?

In the original sample u can are that
Someone failed twice, another person opt out twice.
Another may have failed the quiz twice.

(the subjects only have 3 chances to pass a quiz)
Hope this helps.
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Apr 21, 2012 at 02:26 PM
By expected result i meant the results that i would see in those additional column. But i am glad that you said "expected result is formula" and not "expected result is an answer"
The numbers may make sense to you and others. When I look at the first column, I am not clear what you intend to do with numbers, are u going do add all the value of columns into one value, are you going to say there are so many times "1" and so many times "2" etc
I'm sorry :( that is correct...
so many times "1" and so many times "2" etc.
Apr 22, 2012 at 06:50 AM
It seems to me still there is some thing missing in requirement,

Could you post a sample workbook at some file sharing site like speedyshare and post back a link to the FILE back here.

Please also in that file, put the sample data and the final answer based on that data, that you expected to see (just the answer value).

thanks
Hi again, thank for responding. I added the sample data on speedyshare: the URL: <a href="http://speedy.sh/aaFsR/Tonya-s-Test.xlsx">Download at SpeedyShare</a>
Apr 22, 2012 at 08:42 AM
I am sorry but you still data still is not making much sense.
You are saying that unique value. but the sample data that you had every TransID
is unique already.

Also I did not see any expected results in your sample file. If one know what you think how file should look, one can help. As they say, help me to help you.
Let me revisit the issue and send another approach of what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks for your time and review. I'll get reply back tomorrow.