I have Vista pre installed n want xp on 2nd

Closed
DavidDominant - Feb 6, 2009 at 01:51 AM
 Daviddominant - Feb 6, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Hello,
I just ordered and recived a new dell 2 duo core process 3 gig ram 320 gig harddrive. I got it today. I Made a second partioon of hard drive at 60 gigs. I rebooted. then logged in and renamed both drives so I know which is which ahead of time. One vista which is already installed and second XP. Formated fully. I reboot with CD in drive. I hit key to boot from cd and it starts to load files.. about 1 to 2 mins through it shows a BLUE screen stating. Error it has shut down to prevent damage to pc. says one of these can be the reason. 1 virus. 2 hard drive or hard drive drivers recently installed are corrupt or somethign is corrupt on hdd. I did not do anything but that second I turned it on. Just turned on. Did partiotn.

Error code is.

C0F78DA63X (OXCOOOOO34, OCOOOOOOOO, OXOOOOOOOO) IN THAT ORDER. THE O CAN BE AN OHH OR A ZERO.
I need to and want to install my xp on this pc. IDK why the heck dell is preinstalling these crappies windows on laptops. I checked my laptop to make sure XP can be installed on it and it can. So that is not that issue like some may be. How can I please do my XP on Hard drive.

Also when I insert disk from windows after start up. It has Install xp faded out. And says windows is installed .. Just not xp. I would of over written I could but I cant even do that.

I want to make a second partition for both windows to run. Just in case. One is for surfing Xp is for gaming.

Thankyou for all your help.
Related:

2 responses

pro-genius Posts 185 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2010 68
Feb 6, 2009 at 02:57 AM
You have to install XP first and then vista so as to get the dual boot bios screen where you will have to choose which platform you want to use.
Daviddominant
Feb 6, 2009 at 10:17 AM
How do I Install XP over Vista? And or what is the process to do this? I cant find out how to anywhere. All i get is the just install xp on second drive. Please help. Thanklyou.