Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is the next big FPS title developed by the famous studio Infinity Ward. It features an epic multiplayer experience where up to 64 players will fight, introducing a new Perks Package system, a Gunsmith, a stunning campaign, and much more content to discover. If you want to make war, this refreshing Call of Duty title is for you.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is an indirect continuation of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 title. The campaign takes place in late 2022 in real and fictional locations like Amsterdam, Chicago, Urzikstam, and the new United Republic of Adal. The plot is partly based on real-life events like the assassination of Qasem Soleimani. The main protagonists are Task Force 141, a joint multi-national special operations unit formed by SAS Captain John Price and comprising Sergeant Kyle Garrick, Lieutenant Simon Riley, and Sergeant John MacTavish. Throughout the campaign, you will fight alongside other units to take down and outsmart the Quds Force (one of five branches of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps) and the Las Almas Cartel.
- A wild campaign: So far, the campaign offers a pretty good experience as you will play in various scenarios. As an elite member of an American task force unit, you will chase an Iranian general across the globe and prevent him from launching his missiles which could take loads of lives. You will live an epic campaign inspired by real-life events mixed with movie sequences.
- Gunsmith: With the introduction of weapon platforms, you can completely customize your weapons and create true extensions of your play style. Pimp your weapons' muzzle, stock, rear grip, under barrel, and more to modify various attributes, including Damage, Fire Rate, Range, Accuracy, Recoil Control, Mobility, and Handling, among others.
- Perk Packages: An innovative Perk Packages system has been introduced as part of the Multiplayer content. Each Package comprises four Perks, including two base perks plus one bonus perk and one ultimate perk. Operators will begin each match with two Base Perks and unlock the Bonus and Ultimate Perks over time with eliminations, assists, and objective and tactical plays. The thing is, the more active you are, the sooner you will get all your Perks.
- Field Upgrades: They are precious tools offering significant strategic advantages. They charge over time throughout the match, more or less fast, depending on their power. Note that at Rank 45, you can equip two Field Upgrades at the cost of a slow recharge rate. Many different Field Upgrades are available, including Tactical Camera (remote-controlled camera that marks enemies), Inflatable Decoy (proximity-activated decoy mine), Dead Silence (temporarily makes your footsteps silent), Munitions Box, Loadout Drop, and many more.
- Killstreaks: In Multiplayer matches, you will also be able to choose three Killstreaks. You have two ways to activate your different Killstreaks, either by reaching a certain streak of eliminations (getting killed will reset it to zero) or by a new way called Scorestreak that uses the score you earned instead of eliminations (still, getting killed will reset the Scorestreak to zero). For 4 kills / 500 score, you can use a remote-controlled drone with an attached C4 charge. For 5 kills / 625 score, you can use the Counter UAV (drone that scrambles all enemy minimaps), a Cluster Mine, or a Care Package (your Operator gets a Care Package marker to throw or place down where a helicopter will drop the package). You will get even more powerful tools as you eliminate more opponents.
- Weapons: You will find many different types of weapons in this title, each designed to fit general or more specific gameplay mechanics or assault strategies. You can play Assault Rifles (M16, M4, Kastov, etc.), Battle Riffles (FTAC Recon, Lachmann-762, etc.), SMGs (Lachmann Sub, Fennec 45, MX9, VEL 46, etc.), Shotguns (Expedite 12, Bryson 800, etc.), LMGs (556 Icarus, RAPP H, HCR 56, etc.), Marksman Rifles (LM-S, EBR-14, SA-B 50, etc.), Sniper (Signal 50, LA-B 330, MCPR-300, etc.), Handguns (X12, X13 Auto, P890, .50 GS, etc.), Launchers (PILA, JOKR, etc.), Melee (Combat Knife, Riot Shield), Tactical (Flash Grenade, Decoy Grenade, Stun Grenade, Heartbeat Sensor, etc.), and Lethal weapons (Frag Grenade, Proximity Mine, Semtex, C4, Throwing Knive, Claymore, Molotov Cocktail, etc.).
- Vehicles: You will find many different types of vehicles, including Land (All-Terrain, Utility Terrain, Chop Top, SUV, etc.), Water (Rigid-Hull Inflatable Boat, Armoured Patrol Boat), Ground War (Heavy Tank, Light Tank, Armored Personnel Carrier, etc.), and Air (Light Helo, Heavy Chopper).
- Maps and modes: The game features two kinds of maps in multiplayer, Core Maps and Battle Maps. Core Maps are reserved for 6v6, and Battle Maps are for 32v32. All the maps are grouped into one of three categories, including Las Almas (a Central American region that will host a variety of Core and Battle Maps), Al Mazrah (a metropolitan area and its outskirts within the Republic of Adal), and Rest of the World (other regions of the world).
Graphics and sound
Truth be told, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II features top-tier graphics with beautiful and photorealistic environments. Moreover, lights, shadows, reflections, and animations are all very fine-tuned. It obviously supports 4K graphics and Ultrawide Support, but it also allows you to customize over 500 graphics options. And about the OST: it was composed by Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe, so the result is very good.
Duration and game modes
If you only focus on the main story mode, it will take you about 8 hours to complete the game. But if you strive to achieve everything it offers, it may take about 15 hours. Of course, as it provides multiplayer modes, you can spend as much time as you want to hone your skills and improve your profile.
This is the solo game mode, where you will travel across the globe (Amsterdam, Spain, Urzikstan, Chicago, and more) and will be deployed for various kinds of missions (including Strike, Kill or Capture, Dark Water, Ghost Team, and more). From small-scale, high-stakes infiltration tactical ops to highly classified missions, you will fight alongside TF141.
Core Map modes (6v6)
- Free-for-All: Everyone is a target to take down. The first player to reach 30 kills ends the battle, and the top three players claim victory.
- Team Deathmatch: As a pack, you will have to collaborate and outsmart your opponents. The first team to reach 75 eliminations wins the battle.
- Domination: You will compete to control three zones marked with a flag (A, B, and C). As you capture zones, you will score points. The first team to reach 200 points wins the match.
- Hardpoint: You need to capture the location named the Hardpoint and defend it against attack. The Hardpoint rotates every minute. To win the match, be the first team to score 250 points.
- Headquarters: Capture the headquarters and fight for your life, as respawns are disabled for the defenders. Once the headquarters are done, a new zone will be assigned as the next. The first team to score 200 points wins the match.
- Control: The two teams will take turns attacking and defending two objectives. Each team shares a pool of 30 lives. If the attacking team takes out one objective, they will gain more time to complete the second. The defending team can win the round by letting the time run out before the objectives are taken. Also, either team can win by eliminating all 30 lives of the other team. To win the battle, one team must win three rounds.
- Prisoner Rescue: Either locate the hostages and get them out alive (the Attackers) or try to prevent them from being extracted (the Defenders). There are no respawns, but team revives are enabled. Attackers must find two hostages and carry them either out or protect them at the extraction point (each hostage is worth 100 points). Defenders must prevent their extraction and hold them together in their spawn area until the round's timer expires (each hostage not carried nor captured by the Attackers are worth 50 points). The first team to earn 500 points wins the match.
- Knock Out: The two teams fight for a bag of cash located in the middle of the map. There are no respawns, but team revives are enabled. Teams have to run over the cash to grab it. The team that holds the bag at the end of the round or eliminates the enemy team wins the round. The first team to win five rounds wins the match.
- Search & Destroy: The two teams will alternatively take turns destroying and defending an objective. There are no respawns. The Defenders win a round by eliminating all the Attackers before the bomb is planted, by preventing the bomb from being planted, or by defusing the bomb once it is planted. The Attackers win a round by eliminating all defenders before or after the bomb is planted or successfully planting a bomb and having it explode. Be the first team to score six rounds and win the match.
Battle Map Modes (up to 32v32)
- Ground War: This is a supersized version of Domination, which includes vehicles for epic fights. The two teams square off to capture an odd number of objectives on a huge map. The first to earn 250 points wins the match.
- Ground War Invasion: A true chaotic and epic battle where players and AI will fight alongside each other. This is war, and there are no rules, so use vehicles, armored agents, or Killstreak crates to take down your enemies. The first team to score 2000 points wins the war.
What do the reviews say?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II has a Metacritic score of 79/100.
"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is an exceptional game and a worthy successor. The game exhibits extraordinary graphics and realism that many fans seek. It is more of the same seen in the franchise over the years but with refined features. All the added game modes and the content that is to come promises to give us long but entertaining hours immersed in the game." (GamersRD)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is rated PEGI 18 as it contains scenes of explicit violence.
Is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 cross-platform?
Crossplay is supported in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, allowing players from various platforms like PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC (via Steam and Battle.net) to come together and enjoy the game. With this feature, players on any system or device can join and play with each other, breaking barriers and enabling a more inclusive gaming experience.
Does Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 have zombies?
Unfortunately, no, there is no Zombies mode in Modern Warfare II.
Is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 a remake?
According to official information, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is described as a soft reboot rather than a sequel or continuation of the original Modern Warfare series. This means that while it shares the same characters, settings, and title, it introduces an entirely new storyline. By utilizing familiar elements, the game aims to provide a fresh and immersive experience while staying true to the essence of the beloved series.
When did Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 come out?
It came out on November 10, 2009.
How to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?
- Play the campaign first: The single-player campaign serves as valuable training for the multiplayer experience, a characteristic common among many shooter games. Engaging in the campaign initially allows players to familiarize themselves with the various weapons and any new or modified mechanics. This serves as a solid foundation to jump into multiplayer matches with confidence.
- Start playing with Scorestreaks before Killstreaks: This is especially useful if you are a newcomer, as you will unlock special tools way faster.
- Build based on recoils: Proper gun control is essential for success. Recoil can significantly impact a player's shooting performance if not properly managed. Therefore, newcomers to the game are advised to prioritize using weapons with low recoil.
- Use the Killcam: By effectively observing the map, you can gain valuable insights into the larger-scale dynamics of the game. This enables you to make strategic choices when deciding whether to engage with the enemy in your line of sight or take an alternative route after respawning.
- Communicate with the Ping system: The Ping System in Modern Warfare 2 has revolutionized gameplay by introducing a game-changing mechanic. This feature enables players to communicate and mark important elements on the map with just a simple click.