Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
-
Hello,

I have a hp pavilion DESKTOP, and whenever I'm trying to type in my URL, it keeps writing numbers. No matter what I type in, it goes from 1-0 in order for no reason. I can type in iopklhu, and it will write 1234567. Also, when I'm writing on chats, text boxes, etc... it won't type some letters at points and I have to rehit the keys. I don't want to use the OSK keyboard because that will be a pain. I've tried unplugging the keyboard, and using the number lock on and off. How do I fix this?

2 replies

Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
You can always buy a new keyboard.
I mean a FREE way, because I have no job, I'm in high school.
Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
New Keyboards can be found for $10 or less. Used keyboards at Goodwill are less than $5.

Keyboards are mechanical and fail after a while. This sounds like you spilled a Coke on the keyboard.
Well I'm always careful with my keyboard. I always make sure I don't spill anything in or on it. I didn't have this problem a couple mintes ago, which is strange. I turned it off when my computer was acting strange, then when I turn it back on, it's like this.
Oh, I just tried another keyboard that's in my house, and it acted the same way. Is there something on the actual computer that I can hit to make it stop?
Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Ok you have have had the Windows settings changed.
For Win 7
click START, then Control Panel, then Hardware and Sound, then
Clock,Language and Region (on the left of the screen)
Then click Region and Language - and check if you have English as the language and US as the region. change them if they are not correct.

Good Luck