With many laptops, specifically from HP Pavilion, users have noticed that when they try to deactivate the number lock by pressing [Fn] + [Num lock] or [Fn] + [F11], nothing happens. This is likely due to the fact that the digital number lock function has been activated. In this article, we'll show you how to deactivate it.
How to deactivate digital Num Lock on a PC keyboard?
If you are writing numbers instead of letters when you're pressing your laptop's keyboard, you may have already tried holding down the Function key (Fn) to write normally. This issue is likely due to the fact that the digital lock is activated. Holding the Fn key is a temporary solution, however here is a more permanent one:
To solve your problem, simply press [Fn] + [Numlk]. Depending on the model, you may need to press [Fn] + [Shift] + [Numlk].
How to turn off Num Lock on a laptop?
The process of deactivating the Num Lock key on a laptop is pretty much the same as with a PC, though you might experience difficulties finding the key on your laptop's keyboard. Its location can vary by laptop manufacturer, but it is often located in the upper-right corner of the keyboard. Search for a little key with some variation of Num Lock, NumLk, etc. and proceed as written above.
- How to turn off num lock
- My keyboard is typing numbers instead of letters
- Why is my keyboard typing numbers when i press letters
- Keyboard typing letters and numbers at the same time [solved] > Forum - Windows
- Keyboard typing shortcuts instead of letters > Guide
- Keyboard getting symbols instead of numbers [solved] > Forum - Laptop
- Keyboard won't type letters or numbers: wireless, laptop > Guide
- Keyboard is typing numbers instead of letters [solved] > Forum - Laptop
- How to type @ on keyboard: Mac, Windows, laptop
- Type 'E' with an acute accent: on Mac, Windows, in Word
- How to type the pipe character on Mac?
- Fix reversed Caps Lock key: on Windows, Mac
- How to insert brackets and curly braces on Mac keyboard?
- Fix laptop keys: CTRL, Fn, Num Pad
- QWERTY vs AZERTY keyboards: change layout, quickly switch
- Insert a tilde sign: on Mac, Windows
- Shift key not working correctly: on Windows or Mac
- Enable the on-screen keyboard: on Ubuntu, Mac, Windows, Android
- Backslash on Mac: UK, German, French, AZERTY keyboards
- Mac numpad: keyboard, shortcuts, emulator
- Type the π (pi) sign: in Excel, on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Disable foreign keyboard: on Windows, Mac, Chromebook
- Type accented uppercase letters: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- A key types the wrong sign: how to fix?
- Keyboard shortcuts to change language: on Windows, Mac
- Type an underscore sign: Android, Windows, Mac, iPhone
- Acer function keys not working Windows 10
- Backspace not working in Word: 365, 2016
- How to change keyboard language on Acer laptop