Connected to network but not the internet?!

Solved/Closed
wonderwomad - Jun 18, 2012 at 09:55 AM
 wonderwomad - Jun 19, 2012 at 04:27 AM
Hello,
My Samsung laptop hasn't been able to connect to the internet via any other wireless networks since the computer help guy at the library I work at reset my IP setting to enable me to connect to the library network. I now am connected to my wireless network at home but it won't go through to the internet.

Network diagnostics can't figure out what's wrong. I've tried rebooting, disconnecting and reconnecting to the network and turning my internal wireless LAN adapter on and off. Nothing works.

Please help me!

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 18, 2012 at 01:53 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) First check your security key and the SSID.

2) If the problem still exists then

Click on Start --> Run --> Type services.msc and press Enter.

"Services" window will be opened.

At the right-side look for "Wireless Zero Configuration" --> Double-click on it -->

Set the "Startup type:" to "Disable" from the drop-down menu --> Click on OK

Good Luck
Hi Jack.
Thanks so much for replying.
I don't have a "Wireless Zero Configuration" in my Services menu. I have "Wired AutoConfig "WLAN AutoConfig" and "WWAN Autoconfig" but that's it. Any other suggestions?
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 18, 2012 at 05:03 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
First let me know your Operating System.
Click on "Start" -->Run --> Type cmd and click on OK.
[Note: If you are using Window Vista or 7 then Click on Start --> In search bar, type cmd. When
the command prompt option appears in the search list, right-click on it and select the option
"Run as administrator"]
Enter the below commands
ipconfig /all > D:\ip.txt --> Press Enter.
ping www.google.com > D:\ping.txt --> Press Enter,
[Note : If you don't have a D-Drive and then replace the letter D with C in the above commands]
Now open you D-Drive, there you can find two files ip and ping. Upload those two file to
www.speedyshare.com and paste the download urls here.
Good Luck
Thank you Jack. Super bizarrely I just turned my computer on and for the first time in a week it ran its own fix system and diagnosed the problem. I don't understand computers. Thanks for your help. I'll probably need it in a week's time.