HP Pavillon not booting

Closed
mannir5 - Jun 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM
 mannir5 - Jun 27, 2012 at 06:21 PM
Hello
My laptop hp pavillion dv5 was not booting it only show hp inven and later show cussor and the cussor is not blinking..........please help me find out the solution.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 27, 2012 at 05:16 PM
I would try F11 multiple times before you see the HP logo. I would then try the "Repair" option to repair Windows. Windows must be damaged in some way or a few Windows files are now located on sectors of the hard disk that are damaged. I hope you made the restore disks when the computer was new. If you need to replace the hard drive you will need these DVDs. You can also buy them from HP if you computer was made in the last 5 years or so.

Good Luck
Thank for your contribution.but I tried it couldn't work, it only show hp invent and goes blank I loaded bios default setting still do not work, it only gave me these options(continue,boot manager,boot from file and utility setup) and no one work among the options.I removed the hard disk in order to see wether it will show some error like operating system not found press any key to restart but it couldn't. Please help find the solution, I really need your asistance.thanks alot