My computer doesn't show my wireless card.

Solved/Closed
icassandra Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 26, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2012 - Jul 27, 2012 at 07:06 AM
icassandra Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 26, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2012 - Jul 27, 2012 at 05:14 PM
Hello,

After doing a system reset on my computer, the wireless option has been turned off. The wireless card is not under Network adapters anymore. I honestly don't know what to do. It's a Dell Latitude D520. The wireless card is a Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN mini card.

Additional Info:

Network Adapters
~1394 Net Adapter
No devices under Network Adapters have a red x.

3. There is a Category called "Other devices" with a yellow question mark in front of it. Under that there is a yello quetion mark and a mini exclamation point on each of the following: Audio Device, Ethernet Controller, Modem Device on High Def Audio Bus, Network Controller, SM Bus Controller, Video COntroller, and Video Controller (Vga compatible)

I've tried resetting the TCI/IP, and the winsock.

I'm currently in the process of downloading the driver: Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN mini card.

Please help.

Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 27, 2012 at 07:48 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

You need to install all the drivers. The yellow exclamation mark indicates that

drivers are not installed properly. You can download the drivers from the

manufacture's website.

Click on the below link and follow the instructions

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19

Enter your "Service Tag" or Select the option "Automatically detect my Service

Tag for me " and click on "Continue"

OR

Select the option "Choose from a list of all Dell products" --> Click on "Continue"

--> Click on "Laptops" --> Click on "Latitude" --> Click on "Latitude D520 ".

Now download all the drivers and install it.

Note: Some devices may not function properly if the drivers are installed out of

order. For more information click on the below link.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/downloads/en/driver_install_order?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~lt=print

So install the "Chipset" drivers first.

Good Luck
icassandra Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 26, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 at 05:14 PM
Thank you for your help! I did install the drivers and voila! It worked! Thnk yo!